27. For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
I would say around 30-40 layers. I usually spend about 1-3 layers on the sketch, another 2-5 for the lineart and extra details on the lineart. I use clipping layers on my color layers (so I can edit the colors easily), but it results in the drawing having many layers. It’s the majority of my layers actually.
Wahh thanks for sending this!! I’ll have to answer them pretty quickly though since I’m in a hurry…
1. Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
I prefer digital drawing over traditional because it’s much easier to fix my anatomy derps and check to see what looks wrong by flipping the canvas. But at the same time, sometimes traditional drawings flows more smoothly and is easy to… handle. I dunno how to describe it really. Also I tend to turn to traditional art to break art blocks lool. It’s also a lot more accessible than digital art since I get really bored in school, so I doodle whatever. I have never finished a serious traditional drawing though….
5. What’s your favorite thing to draw?
Characters of whatever fandom I’m most interested in at the moment (
Fire Emblem), but I’m scared of butchering them haha… I also like to draw nature-y scene… ish things but I’m not very good at it orz. OCs are also fun to draw once in a while.
I just realized this question asked for one favorite technically but IT CHANGES YE.
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?